Redecorating a room doesn’t have to be as daunting as it may seem. You can transform your space into a beautiful and functional oasis in just a few steps. At Epic, we know that a little refresh can go a long way. We compiled our essential step-by-step guide on how to redecorate a room so your style can seamlessly change with the seasons.
5 Steps to Redecorating a Room
- Find your inspiration. Start browsing interior design magazines, websites, or Pinterest boards (shameless plug for our Epic Pinterest Board!) You can also take inspiration from your favorite stores, hotels, or restaurants. Once you have a few ideas, start to create a mood board to visualize your vision for the room.
- Assess your existing furniture and décor. Once you have a clear vision of the room, look at your existing furniture and décor. Decide what you want to keep, what you want to donate or sell, and what you need to replace. This will help you avoid making impulse purchases.
- Choose a color scheme. Color is one of the most important elements of interior design. It can set the mood of the room and make it feel larger or smaller. When choosing a color scheme, consider the natural light in the room, the style of your furniture, and your personal preferences.
- Select your furniture and décor. Once you have a color scheme in mind, you can start shopping. Be sure to choose pieces that are the right size for the room and that fit your personal style. Don’t forget to mix and match different textures and patterns to create a visually interesting space.
- Don’t forget the finishing touches. This is what really makes a room feel complete and adds your own personality to a space. Add throws, pillows, candles, artwork, and plants to bring your vision to life. These small details can make an EPIC difference in the overall look and feel of the room.
Redecorating a room takes time. Don’t forget to have a little fun! Relax, be creative, and enjoy the process of transforming your space. Be sure to check out our blog for more inspiration. When you are ready for a bigger transformation, let’s chat!